The following classes of person is not eligible for election as a Trustee.
- A bankrupt who has not obtained a final order of discharge or whose order of discharge has been suspended for a term not yet expired, or is subject to a condition not fulfilled, or to any order under Section 111 of the Insolvency Act 1967;
- A person who has been convicted of any offence punishable by a term of imprisonment of two or more years unless that person has obtained a pardon or has served the sentence or otherwise suffered the sentence imposed upon that person;
- A person who has been sentenced to imprisonment for any offence unless that person has obtained a pardon or has served the sentence;
- a person to whom an order made under Section 151 of the Companies Act 1993 applies;
- A person who is mentally disordered within the meaning of the Mental Health Act 1969;
- A person who is subject to a property order made under Section 30 or Section 31 of the Protection of Personal and Property Rights Act 1989;
- A person who is not ordinarily resident in the District;
- A person who is not ordinarily a Consumer of the Company;
- A person who is a Director of the Company;
- A person who is not a parliamentary elector for the purposes of the Electoral Act 1956;
- A person who is the Returning Officer; or
- A person who is an employee of the Company.